Monday, April 25, 2011

Dipping

Who is feeling so totally STUFFED? I know I am. Those 8 pounds I lost in the last few weeks? Yeah, they're probably back. Blah. On the plus side, Easter! My weekend was great, I think. On Friday my family all chilled out then we went to an awesome service at our church. Afterwords, we went to Micky D's where my family, the Maddens, the Hails, and the Sills hung out for...an hour and a half or so? Boy, was it fun. The whole time I was laughing so hard. From Luke's and Jake's "bromance" to stale fries, to well-earned dollars, and creeping out, it was such a blast. Who knew the calorie packed fast food chain could have been so much fun?!
Saturday, I worked for a while and my family painted eggs. Later my dad and I went to look to see if there was any baby beefers. Just a stroll in the pasture, right? Wrong. We ended up finding 5 babies, and then we had to rodeo them, Haha. They're so adorable and tiny. At night the rents and I watched a really good movie!  I can't remember the title, but it was really cute. Ate some candy out of my Easter basket-Yum. This year we got our baskets the night before which is a lot easier. My parents basically crushed my childhood in one day by giving Em all these clues like they used to do to Luke and I and telling me "Oh, yeah. Yours is behind the bed". Really?? I want to be a kid again..... Poem about going back to childhood.
When I see birches bend to left and right
Across the lines of straighter darker trees,
I like to think some boy’s been swinging them.
I’d like to go by climbing a birch tree,
And climb black branches up a snow-white trunk 55
Toward heaven, till the tree could bear no more,
But dipped its top and set me down again.
That would be good both going and coming back.
One could do worse than be a swinger of birches.
                                                     -Frost
This song is so beautiful. We sang it at our church service. The worship team couldn't have picked a better song, Amen! If your not in my church, please take the time to listen and read the lyrics!

Peace! Carly

P.S. Hey, if you want to share this blog on Facebook that's cool with me! I think I'll have Grandma Mona post the link to get my family in CA to look at it, Haha.
P.S.S As soon as I get my camera back, I'll post some sweet pics for ya'll.

5 comments:

  1. Copy Cat!!! Postin' my song ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really? Cause i'm pretty sure Casting Crowns wrote it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you forgot to mention the most important person who went to McDonald's....ME!!!! Obviously!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I think it was originally a hymn and they re-did did it, so HAHA!

    Ava was listening to your song, and she says "Dis is sad". She wants to say "hi".

    hhhhhcbbcbxgggggsggggfddfdadfxxgtrttetyyywyqyw65216eeycgddddyydydyyyydydyyddydy66yyydydydyyydfu6yfydyydydyxysyydydydydydyddyydyy

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know it babe!!! Lol, love you lots...

    ReplyDelete