Monday, January 17, 2011

Tinkerings and Ideas

Oh, recaps. How I hate thou. My good friend Natalia just posted how she hated recaps, and I totally agree. So I came up with the brilliant idea of only spending a paragraph tops on recaps. Let's see how that goes.

This week I only have a few highlights. It snowed, which is pretty dang amazing. I always did loooove the snow, in any form. But, there are a few different kinds of snow. This was the kind of fluffy snow that can't be made into a snowball, but is nicely slicked down for high-efficient-super-flying sledding. This meant sledding for Em and I as "gym class". This also means some incredible skiing. We're going every Friday with a homeschool group to Elk. Mrs. Russell and her daughter Rachel (homeschooled, and my friend from church), car pool with us. This Friday was especially fun. I am using my Uncle Kevin's skiis, which are a tad bit to long for me. So I was feeling discouraged, but ended up taking a lesson and preceding to flying down the mountain which surprised everyone, especially myself. Then I came home with twenty minutes to spare for Care Groups. Care groups were lots of fun, seeing as how the Leslie's, I, and the Maddens made an amazing video which I can hopefully post later. Natalia edited it, and said it looked really good! Can't wait to see it. then the Maddens ended up staying till 12:30, while our parents had a meeting. We played dress up, and ate cookies. Sunday we had church, and some Stronghold kids came over as well as Jake and the Maddens. The girls and I were watching the Conroy girls, while in the house they had a care group leaders meeting. Then we went sledding, and watched 2 movies. It was fun! Whew. I'm done with my "short" recap. Hope I didn't bore you-just HAD to get these things out on paper.


On other, more fun news: Mrs. Leslie gave me this awesome idea. She was telling me how she knew a lady who did home-cooked meals for "take out". This is such a great idea! It's like ordering a pizza, only with way better meals for those who don't have time! I really would love to tie this in with my whole dinner parties idea. I need to make some money!!! This might totally work, IF I get on the move! Sometimes, I have a great idea but it takes a little longer for this idea to come into action.
So far, I've only come up with menus for dinner parties, and their prices. Plus a few name ideas. Things like DISH, Carl's Cooking, and some other lame ones. Ah, well. I'll keep working on it and hopefully will be able to tell you my business is on it's way!

IN GOD, WHOSE WORD I PRAISE, IN GOD I TRUST; I WILL NOT BE AFRAID. WHAT CAN MORTAL MAN DO TO ME?      ~Psalm 56:4

I wish I had other things to tell you right now...but I don't. So until next time, my comrades.
Carly

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Result: This love can be average for harry and you know who lol

    maddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Result: forget about him/her i am so sad that was what it said that win i put maddie and riss

    maddie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to see your latest... thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what thing? ;)
    i have a post written out, just gotta type it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I said, "thing" I meant your Live to Cook blog!

    ReplyDelete