Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fancy

The dinner/speech went great!! I felt great going up to the podium, and although I was shaking like a leaf I somehow got through it!! haha.
On to the highlight of my night...the dinner (when is this not the highlight of my day??)
They served it buffet style. A spread of cheese, crackers, and punch started off the night. Then going on to the buffet where we had a lovely fresh salad with the best salad dressings my mom and I have ever had. I had raspberry vinaigrette, she had ranch and Italian. Mashed potatoes with a slight tang of garlic and very creamy/rich. Green beans which I thought were slightly overcooked (aka Mushy) but were served with pieces of onion, garlic, and dried cranberries. Carrots, they were great nicely cooked with an air of a light syrup? Only no syrup to be seen, with some green chives. Noodles, not very good at all. Sorry, but they tasted like they were boiled and set on the table with no seasonings or anything. and then sat for two hours. Then came some good amazing pork. It was sooo tender and had amazing flavor!!! There was a guy cutting it, and he gave me a huge piece. I ate half of it, then went to get dessert with my dad (ice cream brownie sunday, it was ok). When I came back I just saw the waitress walking away with my pork, and silverware no less!!! I was crushed. My mother explained that the lady came not one minute earlier and asked if I was done, and mom said no. Then she left and came back and TOOK IT. Ah well....Pork, I miss thou. Come back to thee!!

I wore my black bubble dress that I wore to Girl's Night Out last year with a long black sleeved shirt underneath. To complete the look, I added my purplish cute sweater with short sleeves, leggings, and ballet flats. Hair: straightened with curled hair pulled up in pretty pin.
So overall, it was amazing. Now today I'm tired and might have to go shopping for a coat again. My essay is posted at the bottom of the page if you want to see it. Not my best work, but still. Clear tonight!! woot woot!
Carly

8 comments:

  1. yay for the buble dress, it's so pretttty:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the essay, Carl. Very well written. If you could, please keep my Bible Bee friend, Hope in your prayers today as she competes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bubble dress comment must have been rissa's, but i like it too. i already saw pics of what you looked like. :]

    casey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalia-Thank you!! I will definitely keep Hope in my prayers. Let me know how she did!!

    Casey-thanks buddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome. Hope did very well, but did not qualify for the finals. She is taking it very well, though. Look at the link on my blog, and if you want too, you can watch some of the Bible Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and Hope says that the Famous Dairy Queen is welcome to her blog anytime!

    ReplyDelete