Friday, March 11, 2011

Thank Goodness It's Friday!

So, two big things happened yesterday. Well, make that three actually. Let's make a list, shall we? I like order...

1)We got a new computer!!! We've been planning and waiting for it forever, and it's here! A guy from our church, Tim, actually made it from various parts and came to set it all up for us. It looks so modern. So...thin. So sleek. I like it, can you tell?

2)Luke, dad, and I helped a cow give birth. Let me explain a little before I get into details. Luke is in a partnership with my grandfather in a red and white holstein cow named Delilah. So this heifer was having one of Luke's cow's embryos. Red cows are really hot in the market now because everyone wants to show them (I totally started this trend). A red heifer can start out being $1,000-$4,000 depending on the quality and pedigree of the calf. So you can imagine everyone's disappointment when this beautiful red heifer came out dead. I was more sad about it dieing then the actually money thing. But it was a blow for my brother.

3)My Uncle Kevin (my mother's sister's husband) went to the ER late last night, and my aunt didn't want to leave the kids. So I went over and spent the night just in case they had to do surgery or something and so she could be with him. It ended up being kidney stones, and he was in a lot of pain but he's feeling a lot better this morning. Ah, my cousins. Little angels they are...here's a picture.
This one's from October so it's a bit old, but it's the only one I have until I upload some more pictures.
Peace! Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment